Introduction to Public Health Public Policy: A New 6-week Online Course, starting June 2012
Public health practice requires an understanding of the policy-making process. Introduction to Public Health Public Policy will allow students to understand through what venues and methods they can effectively inform public health public policy.
• Increase their understanding of the role of public health public policy
• Learn to describe the public health public policy-making process, actors, and infrastructure
• Be able to describe various means for advocating specific policy changes
• Utilize policy change strategies and mechanisms, including advocacy, media communications, and print materials to advance policy goals
Who should apply?
• Public health professionals looking to improve their ability to affect policy change
• Anyone wishing for an introduction to public health public policy making
Space is limited to the first 25 who register. RSVP by May 28, 2012. A link for the online course and instructions will be sent prior to the course starting. Course costs have been covered by a Health Resources and Services Administration Grant.
Questions? Contact: email@example.com