Institute for Faith and Public Health Leadership
The Institute for Faith and Public Health Leadership equips faith and public health leaders to work together more effectively to improve the health of their communities. This series brings together faith and public health approaches to guide the vision of community health transformation. Practitioners will learn how to identify and utilize the unique assets that both disciplines use to eliminate the root causes of health inequities – the preventable and unjust differences in health status based on the social conditions in which people live.
This Institute will give participants the opportunity to:
- Pause and listen to the rich wisdom found both in our faith traditions and in the voice of public health that speaks to social justice
- Utilize the spiritual practices of our faith traditions to reflect on and find sustenance for this challenging work
- Align what we know and do more intentionally and creatively to address these root causes
- Provide tools and resources to analyze the needs and assets for creating community-level interventions
- Identify key strategies to mobilize around the root causes that create and sustain health disparities
- Expand networks to accomplish work collaboratively and effectively
Additional Program Benefits
Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion upon completion of all the sessions. Participants will also have the opportunity to access on-going leadership development opportunities through The Center for Faith and Community Health Transformation and the MidAmerica Center for Public Health Practice, such as:
- Mentoring for participants from future Institutes
- Preparation for developing and sustaining congregational health initiatives
- Specialized training around specific health topics or intervention methods
- Partnership development and networking
2014 Institute for Faith and Public Health Leadership
We are currently recruiting for this year’s Institute!
Learn more about it here: 2014 IFPHL Informational Flyer
Apply to be a part of this year’s institute:
View archived presentations from previous Institutes for Faith and Public Health Leadership in the Training Events Archive page.
For more information, contact Rani Saxena at firstname.lastname@example.org.